- The company is well and truly in the black, with $1.5 billion in spare cash, and total assets on hand summing up to a massive $6.6 billion.
- Over 800 million monthly active users, with 483 million daily active users. Just goes to show how many people see the social network to be a daily part of routine activity.
- 12% of Facebook's $3.7 billion in revenue in 2011 came from Zynga games alone. 44% of revenue came from outside America, compared to 38% from 2010.
- While founder Mark Zuckerberg has a 'pocket change' salary of $500,000 per annum, his majority stake of 28.4% company ownership puts his net worth close to the $30 billion mark.
- Users are becoming increasingly visual-orientated, uploading over 250 million photos per day. Up to yet, the company stores a grand total of more than 100 petabytes of photos and video.
- And finally, Mark Zuckerberg used $692,979 worth of chartered plane services.
We knew that Facebook was big; but our anticipations of how big have been exceeded by these numbers. Not only is their financial viability well in place; but their audience is regular and very much active, and we'll admit we never truly appreciated that until we isolated these numbers from the whole.
I am the Founder and Editor-in-chief of New Rising Media. You can follow me on Twitter @MrJasonEngland.