Nottingham Cinema Shows Paranormal Activity To Kids Instead Of Madagascar 3

A cinema full of children expecting to see the 'Madagascar 3' were accidentally shown the supernatural horror film 'Paranormal Activity 4,' causing an uproar from the families rushing out of the auditorium.

A unusual cacophonic wall of screams could be heard in the 10:30am showing of 'Madagascar 3' at Cineworld, Nottingham.  We always knew that this series of films was growins quite stale; but not to the point of forcing children to the point of crying out loud.  As staff inspected, they immediately realised the catastrophic error made on their part, watching the opening scene of Paranormal Activity 4 play out.

Fortunately, they were only show two minutes of the film, but unfortunately a very particular scene was shown: a bloodied female corpse was flung towards the camera.  This was a repeat of what many believed to be the scariest scene of the original, and it was shown to children as young as five.

“I've watched a few horror films in my time but the 'Paranormal Activity' films are the scariest since 'The Exorcist'." Said Natasha Lewis, mother who was with eight-year-old son Dylan in the accidental screening, and has a rather poor taste in films to liken this to The Exorcist.  “They started playing the movie and I thought - this doesn't look right. And then I recognised the opening sequence as a flash back to the first movie, which I saw a couple of years ago."  She continued, failing to acknowledge the emblazoning of the title 'Paranormal Activity 4' on the screen before the short horrifying of her son ensued.

A spokesperson for Cineworld stated: “We have investigated the incident and can confirm that this was a technical error with the projector and apologise sincerely to the families.

“All customers who were affected by the incident were offered refunds and complimentary tickets. We also invited customers to watch the screening of Madagascar 3 half an hour later.

“We take matters such as this very seriously and are currently working with technicians to ensure this does not happen again.”


Jason England