Yes, I know its a "dramatic update" we have to talk about. Why do you have love hearts, smiley faces and grimaces appearing next to your friends names on Snapchat? It's pretty self explanatory really, and if you haven't grasped onto it yet I feel sorry for you.
With the removal of the 'Best Friends' feature comes a sort of gamification of Snapchat, in which your connection with friends is illustrated with emojis. Here's how Snapchat describes each one:
- 💛- Gold Heart – You’re #1 Best Friends – The person you send snaps to most sends snaps to you most too
- 😬- Grimace/Grit Teeth – You Have A Mutual #1 Best Friend – The person you send snaps to most is also who this person sends snaps to most
- 😊– Smile – One Of Your Best Friends – This is one of the people you send snaps to most
- 😎- Sunglasses – You Have A Mutual Best Friend – One of the people you send snaps to most is also one of the people this person sends snaps to most
- 😏- Smirk – You’re Their Best Friend But They’re Not Yours – You’re one of the people they send snaps to most, but they’re not one of the people you send snaps to most
- 🔥- Fire – You Two Are On A Snapstreak – You and this person have sent snaps back and forth for the number of consecutive days shown
'Best Friends' was already a destroyer of relationships, and this could create more love life drama on a whole different level... Or you could not worry about stuff like this? Just saying.
Also, for general laughs surrounding my rather nerdy life/New Rising Media, follow me.
I am the Founder and Editor-in-chief of New Rising Media. You can follow me on Twitter @MrJasonEngland.