How To Download And Play Pokémon Go In The UK Right Now
So the long-awaited mobile game Pokémon Go launched on iOS and Android… But only in a certain list of countries that does not include the UK. Luckily, I’ve got a handy how-to for my fellow Britons on how to download and start playing right now!
You’ve seen everyone talking about how awesome this game is, so it’s probably been frustrating to sit there impotently, as your fellow gamers began exploring the world through the AR lens of Pokémon Go.
If you can’t wait any longer for this game to land on British shores, or if you’re living in the rest of Europe, Canada or South America and feeling just as frustrated, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get it right away.
For Android users, this is actually really simple – just download the APK and install.
For iOS users, things get a bit trickier. These steps can be used for downloading any app available only in another country.
1. Create an email address: Doesn’t matter what it is – I’ve changed the nationality of my last name in honour of our far more open-to-Europe northern neighbours…
2. Set up an Apple ID: DO NOT make your Apple ID through iOS. That way will require you to enter legit credit card details. Instead, visit the Apple ID page and set it up from there.
3. Choose your nationality: Fill in the details and make sure you select ‘Australia’ as the country. Type in the 6 letter code you’re emailed and Bob’s your uncle.
4. Sign in on your iPhone: Using the account you’ve created, sign into the App Store on your iPhone. At this point, you will be taken through the motions of adding an address and agreeing to Apple’s million-page long Terms and Conditions.
5. Add an address and phone number: Literally just any Australian address with a telephone number you can find on Google Maps – enter it and carry on.
6. Payment: Make sure you’ve selected ‘none,’ so no credit card details are required to continue.
Set up is complete at this point, and you can go download Pokémon Go!